The Rome Journal is looking for contributors! If you live in Rome, or know the city well, and would like to write short articles/blog posts that somehow relate to the city, we want to hear from you. Also, you are welcome to contribute your photographs. We are looking for contributors from all backgrounds, with different views, and simply with an enthusiasm to share these views.
Our audience is people who are coming to Rome for a short visit, or who are planning to spend some time in the city, and so – beyond the generic information available in books – our objective is to inform about what Rome/Italy is really about, good and bad.
A few examples for articles would be:
- Write 100-200 words about your favourite encounter/piazza/irritation etc. in Rome.
- Write a few sentences/paragraphs about a restaurant in Rome (or a dish), wine, food, that means something to you.
- If you are a fashionista, you could write about your favourite cutting-edge boutique.
- If you have a good eye for interesting situations in Rome, tell us a story.
- Any news stories that grab your attention? Give us your round-up.
- Any interesting events coming up, services that might be of general usefulness? Let us know.
- Take some pictures of something special, and add a few sentences to explain what it is and what it means to you.
These are only a few ideas – there are many more possibilities.
If you write for us, you are welcome to contribute whenever you like. You can contribute once, or now and then, or every week, as you choose.
What we offer in return: A reputable platform on which to publish your views with your name (or any nom de plume you choose), and if you have a blog or a website, we offer for you to link back to it from www.theromejournal.org (this will enhance the visibility and authority of your domain).
Write to us – we look forward to hearing from you! email@example.com