For us, Twitter is an awesome way to access and exchange a plethora of information in real time. But who should you be following if you are interested in travel information about Italy? It can take some time to distinguish between people who are just trying to sell you something, people who send out random spam, and people who add real value to your Twitter feed.
Our Top Ten of Who To Follow on Twitter
Here is our Top Ten of who gives us the best information on Twitter, about traveling, Italy, and Rome. Keep in mind that due to the fluid and dynamic properties of Twitter, that this list will change with time.
- @revealedrome: A gem of a Twitter stream, recently discovered, presently topping our list.
- @selectitaly: Solid stream of information, mostly interestin.
- @ItalyTravelista: Good, informative tweets.
- @ItalyTravel: A little salesy perhaps, but a great source of frequent, varied information.
- @tavoleromane: Frequent, informative tweets about good food in Rome, in Italian.
- @katieparla: From a passionate food writer, good tweets about real time culinary experiences in Rome.
- @NapoliUnplugged: Good, steady stream of information on what is happening in and around Naples.
- @italofileblog: A bit more personal, but definitely worth following.
- @casacolleverde: Again, rather personal, but a Twitter stream we really enjoy.
- @tuscanyart: A steady stream of information about Tuscany and art.
And finally… Don’t forget to follow @theromejournal on Twitter! We enjoy interacting with our readers and fellow writers on Twitter. Our aim is to retweet the best of the above Top Ten Twitter streams, but also to unearth original and eclectic information about Rome, Italy, and travelling. When we post a new article, we naturally tweet it to our followers too. Come and see for yourself!Rate this article by clicking here.
Add your views/ideas/references below, no need to log in.