Packing for a holiday can be tricky. What you need to bring with you usually depends on where you are going, obviously calling for some guesswork if you are travelling to a new destination.
We’re here to help, and hopefully the Rome-savvy among you will join us! For people planning their first trip to Rome, we’d like to start an open thread with suggestions. What do you pack into your Rome suitcase?
My (girly and subjective) list is as follows:
- Summer: T-Shirts, light skirts and dresses, a pair of jeans, a cardigan.
- Winter: Don’t be fooled – Rome can be terribly cold and wet in winter. A warm coat or jacket, shoes that can survive some rain, and a warm scarf to wrap yourself into.
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- A handbag instead of a backpack (less likely to be pickpocketed)
- A small umbrella to always carry with you
- Some nice but comfortable black heels
- An elegant dress or pants
My list considers that walking is one of the best ways to get around Rome, that the Roman sun is usually a brighter than most Northern Europeans expect, that rain can appear almost out of nowhere, and that Romans are generally very stylish people (I like to at least try to keep up with them).
But now it is your turn to balance out my subjective and girly list: What does your Rome suitcase contain? Please share!Rate this article by clicking here.
Add your views/ideas/references below, no need to log in.